PANCHAYAT YUVA KRIDA AUR KHEL ABHIYAAN (PYKKA)
KEY FACTORS OF THE SCHEME
Following are the key factors of Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyaan –
- Every district of the state has to prepare an Action Plan for implementation of PYKKA in the district.
- The state govt. has to prepare an Action Plan for implementation of PYKKA in the state.
- While preparing the action plan, identification of villages, requirements of the villages regarding sports infrastructure, sports equipments, sports trainers should be thoroughly studied.
- The seed capital grant is going to be allotted on Pro-rata basis.
- Wherever possible, clusters should be formed.
- According a rough calculation, a village selected under PYKKA having population of national average i.e.4,600 will receive an amount of Rs.1,22,000 in the year 2008-09. A block panchayat selected under PYKKA will receive an amount of Rs.6,39,000. And a district having atleast 10 talukas (100 village panchyats in each taluka) which had planned to implement PYKKA extensively will be eligible to receive an amount of around Rs.1.50 crores to Rs.2.00 crores in the year 2008-09 for the development of sports.